You must provide these items:
- Fold up table (Most stores will have one for you to use but you will need to call in advance to make sure)
- Ice Bucket (unbranded)
- Black or white table cloth (ironed, no wrinkles)
- 2 oz. clear plastic sample cups (Be sure to bring enough. These can be reimbursed with receipt)
- Small note book pad and pen
- Camera/ phone to take pictures (Camera is preferred)
TABLE SET UP
Ask an employee where they would like you to set up.
Start with your table cloth and nicely arrange your ice bucket and your tasting bottles.
Ask the staff if you can bring the product from their shelf to your table; this makes it convenient for customers to buy.
If you see a branded decorative piece in the store you may ask if you can use it on your table.
Knowing your product and drink recipes is the key to making sales. Typically, people want to know the following:
- Who makes it?
- Where is it from?
- What grain is it?
- What is it made with?
- What infusion is in it?
- What does it taste like?
- What is it good with?
- Are there other flavors?
- How many times has it been distilled?
- Where is it from?
- What is the percentage of alcohol?
- How many calories?
- Is it gluten free?
Since you are not allowed to drink before or during the event, you might not know what a product tastes like. As people sample the product, ask them what it tastes like. You can in turn tell the next person.
If you do not know an answer to a question, please refer the customer to the products website.
PROPER ATTIRE – FEMALES
- Unless otherwise specified on your booking info, lease have your hair nicely done (NO Pony Tails), wear light makeup, and have good hygiene.
- On Premise: If it is not specified you may choose from the following:
- Black skinny jeans with a branded shirt
- Black shirt Black skirt – mid thigh with a branded shirt
- Black shirt Black dress or a Branded dress
- You may wear black boots or black heels with any of the above
- NO yoga pants or stretch pants please.
- Off Premise – If it is not specified you may choose from the following:
- Black slacks with a black blouse/sweater or a branded shirt
- Black flats or black heels
PROPER ATTIRE – MALES
Please have both hair and facial hair neatly groomed. Good hygiene is a must.
- On & Off Premise
- Black slacks with a branded or a black dress shirt/ sweater.
- Black socks and black dress shoes.
Before you pour, you MUST ask for ID for anyone who looks under 30 years of age.
- There are undercover agents that will be visiting.
- Both you and the store can get fined if you don’t ask.
- You are allowed to sample out a total of 1⁄2 ounce to a person in a single day.
- If a person wants to sample more than one product, make sure you don’t pour over 1⁄2 ounce.
- They only need a small amount to taste.
- Do not let anyone touch the sample bottles and do not walk away from your table!
- The best way to make a sale is to be personable. Your energy will feed others; being full of energy, funny and playful, will go a long way!
- As someone enters the store, greet them with,” Good Afternoon, can I interest you in a sample? I have different whiskeys here…”
- As they approach your table, introduce your product.
- They will tell you what they want to try.
- As you pour the small sample, begin to educate them on the product. Tell them how smooth or good it tastes.
- After they try it, ask them what they think. Ask them what they normally drink. Open the dialogue.
- If someone tells you that they think the whiskey made in an oak barrel tastes like it has honey in it, just go with it. Please don’t correct people.
Pictures are a very important part of the job. We need pictures for the job to be complete. The liquor company we are representing expects great pictures. They want to see people enjoying/ sampling/ buying their products. They want to see the Brand Ambassador representing their brand. We want to see the following pictures:
- You with your set-up table
- You interacting with a customer
- Customers sampling/ buying the product.
- The product on the shelf
- Any product displays or signage around the store
A FEW IDEAS OF HOW TO ASK SOMEONE IF YOU CAN TAKE A PICTURE:
- I see you like the product, do you mind if I take a picture of you holding up your cup or bottle?
- Would you mind helping me complete my 10 promotional pictures, to help validate that I’m doing my job?
- Uploading/ Resizing – Please send your pictures over in the recap. Please crop out other brands or what may not be necessary.
- Please note, you must have all the pictures requested. They must be clear pictures. If you don’t provide what has been requested, your pay may be reduced.
END OF SHIFT
- 5 minutes before your shift ends, start your clean-up.
- Pack up your personal items and put the stores bottles back on the shelves.
- Ask the staff if they can look up your total sales.
- Be sure to say Thank you to the staff for having you. Y
- ou want to make friends with them as they can help promote and make sales for you.
- If you do a great job, stores will personally request you in the future.
Your sales will vary between brands and price points. During a 2 hour promotion, your goal should be no less than 8 bottles. During a 3 hour promotion, your goal should be no less than 10 bottles.
LEFT OVER SAMPLE BOTTLES
Take the bottles with you if Michele & Group gives them to you. Leave the bottles there if the store gives them to you.
- Take a look at your recap before going to your first promotion so you will know what we are looking for.
- Your sales do matter. We send out the available positions to the guys and girls who are selling the most.